The breakdown of the year that was full of leaps into the unknown: 2015.
- Started to really get to know more artists and makers better
Joined the Finger Lakes Regional STEM Hub
- Volunteered at FIRST Robotics Finger Lakes Regional (8th year volunteering!)
- First visit to Ithaca (spent weekend exploring there for Becca’s Birthday)
- TEDxFlourCity Kickoff (1st time in the Federal Building in Rochester)
- Fast Forward Film Festival
- Attended the Memorial Art Gallery’s Hidden Passions Talks for 1st time.
- Started to partner and meet with the Rochester Museum & Science Center (RMSC) more often
- Organizers Potluck
- Geek Chic Prom at the RMSC
- Sister’s Graduation
- First anniversery with Becca!
- Buffalo Mini Maker Faire
- Rochester Mini Maker Faire Kickoff
- First trip to The Foundry and Buffalo Labs
- Organized and led the LED Throwie Experience at the Rochester Street Light Festival
- Huge hit
- Over 2,000 people came through our area
- First time running an interactive art project
- First started discussing the idea of a Bring Your Daughter To Hack Year in Rochester
- RMSC After Dark Lights Out - Ran the LED Throwie Experience
- Visited Becca’s Family Cabin in Minnesota for the 1st time (incredible)
- Fringe Festival - Ran the LED Throwie Experience at Friday at the Fringe (1st time with full mobile setup)
- Attended the NYC World Maker Faire for the 1st time
- Met other Maker Faire Producers for the 1st time at Producers Workshop
- Started to advise schools on Makerspaces
- Saw Jamie Hyneman give a talk at RIT
- Left working at the University of Rochester School of Nursing to focus on the maker movement
- Barnes & Noble Maker Faire
- Ran hands on activities at 3 different stores over 3 days
- 2nd Rochester Mini Maker Faire!
- Another big success!
- 3,000 people in attendance
- 110+ Makers
- First time with VIP speakers
- Started to work with TEDxAllendaleColumbia
- Started to figure out Maker plans for the future
Subscribe via RSS